Registration & Tuition
- Tuition is charged on a monthly basis, based on equal billing payments by post dated cheques or pre-authorized credit card.
- A non-refundable curriculum fee, which varies based on class level, is due at time of registration. The curriculum fee includes a performance costume and an evaluation, if applicable to the class.
- A registration fee per student is due at time of enrolment. No exceptions.
- Applicable taxes will be charged to all school fees & products for all programs.
- A $35 service charge will be applied to NSF and returned cheques.
- Late payments are subject to a 2% per month penalty fee.
*All curriculum fees and paid tuitions are non-refundable. In the case of early withdrawal no costumes will be released to the family/students.
- A written withdrawal notice must be received by the director 14 days prior to the next billing date, otherwise tuition fee will be forfeited. Any remaining post-dated payments will be cancelled.
- Once payment has been made for a program, including any tuition payments made in full, that tuition is forfeited. Any post-dated payments will be cancelled.
- All curriculum fees and paid tuitions are non-refundable. In the case of early withdrawal no costumes will be released to the family/students.
- Classes run from September to June. There are also a number of short programs and camps throughout the year.
- Students who are not on the teacher’s class list will not be able to participate. If you wish to participate in a trial class please register for a “drop-in trial class” through the office.
- There will be no make-up classes. An exception may be made if it is due to cancellation by Prima Dance Academy.
- New students may observe a class but may only participate if they are registered for a “drop-in trial class”. This can be done by calling the office.
- All classes require a dance uniform or dress code which differs depending on the class and level. Please see our Uniform & Dress Codepage for more specific details. Teachers are permitted to deny class participation if a student does not abide by the dress code regulations.
Ballet students ages 4 & up will be entered into an examination or evaluation.
Ballet exam entries are at the discretion of the instructor.
Other General Guidelines & Permissions
Street shoes must be removed at the entrance and placed on the trays provided. Street shoes are not permitted in the dance studio or lobby area at any time.
No gum chewing in the dance studios or lobby.
All jewellery and valuables are to be left at home. Prima Dance Academy is not responsible for theft or loss of personal items. Please keep ALL valuables at home.
Parents are to wait in the designated waiting lobby area only. Parents are not permitted to wait in the studio while classes are in progress.
Students and parents in the lobby area are asked to keep quiet while classes are in progress.
We ask that parents teach their children to be respectful of the premises while in the building at Prima Dance Academy or any other facility that is used for instruction or performances.
Younger students must have a designated adult chaperone before and after classes. No student is to be left at the studio without an adult chaperone. Not applicable for day camps.
Food and drinks are not permitted in our dance studio at any time. Bottled WATER ONLY.
All students are to arrive at the studio 10 minutes prior to their specified class time. Students who are more than 10 minutes late may be denied participation in class at the discretion of the instructor. They will be able to observe only.
Any photos taken of the students may be used by Prima Dance Academy for promotional purposes.
No cameras or cell phones are permitted in the dance studio during “open house weeks”.
These rules and regulations are in place to keep our studio running efficiently throughout the year. Thank you for your cooperation.
We accept Cheque or Visa/MasterCard for tuition payments.
Priority Registration: Priority registration is available May 1st-31st annually and open to re-enrolling families only. Parents are offered an incentive to save the registration fee per student. When all applicable curriculum fees and tuitions are paid or set up on a payment plan by May 31st, the incentive will be applied.
Full Year Payment: this option allows the full year’s tuition to be paid in one single payment. In this case the full year’s tuition is due at the time of registration. A 5% discount is offered to all families who choose to pay in full by September 1st of each new season.
Monthly Equal Billing Payments: this option allows equal billing over 10 months (Sept-June) through our online pre-authorized credit card program or post-dated cheques.