The DDSA is a non-profit registered charity which acts as a resource for health, education & support to improve the lives of people who have Down syndrome.
The mission of the Durham Down Syndrome Association is to support those living with Down syndrome, their families, and community through encouraging and promoting inclusion, participation, and respect within the Durham region.
- Create safe and supportive environments to foster meaningful friendships through
participation with the Durham Down Syndrome Association
- Build and strengthen the Durham Down Syndrome Association’s membership
- Develop, strengthen & sustain the Durham Down Syndrome Association’s volunteer base
- Develop, foster and expand relationships with community partners and supporters
- Develop, foster and sustain funding and sponsorship from community and/or other granting sources
- Develop and sustain a welcoming community of support for our members
- Promote awareness of Down syndrome for educators, medical professionals, and the community